What Goes With Chicken and Waffles for Dinner
Chicken and waffles is a classic comfort food that has gained popularity in recent years. The combination of crispy fried chicken and fluffy waffles creates a perfect balance of flavors and textures. While this dish is commonly associated with breakfast or brunch, it can also make for a hearty and delicious dinner option. In this article, we will explore various accompaniments that pair well with chicken and waffles for a satisfying dinner experience.
Accompaniments for Chicken and Waffles
1. Maple Syrup: The sweetness of maple syrup is a classic pairing with waffles. Drizzle a generous amount of warm maple syrup over your chicken and waffles to add a delightful sweetness to the savory flavors.
2. Hot Sauce: If you prefer a spicy kick, hot sauce is the perfect addition to your chicken and waffles. Whether it’s a tangy buffalo sauce or a fiery habanero hot sauce, the heat will complement the richness of the chicken and waffles.
3. Honey Butter: To add a touch of decadence, whip up some honey butter to spread over your waffles. The creamy, sweet butter enhances the flavor of the waffles and creates a luscious contrast to the savory chicken.
4. Coleslaw: Coleslaw provides a refreshing and crunchy element to your meal. The tangy flavors and crisp texture of coleslaw complement the richness of the chicken and waffles, creating a well-rounded dish.
5. Mashed Potatoes: For a more substantial meal, serve your chicken and waffles with a side of creamy mashed potatoes. The smooth and buttery potatoes create a comforting base that pairs well with the crispy chicken and fluffy waffles.
6. Sautéed Greens: To add a nutritious element to your dinner, sautéed greens like spinach or kale are a great option. The earthy flavors and vibrant colors of the greens provide a fresh contrast to the richness of the chicken and waffles.
7. Gravy: To take your chicken and waffles to the next level, pour some savory gravy over the dish. The rich and flavorful gravy adds depth to the flavors and creates a comforting and indulgent meal.
8. Fried Eggs: If you want to elevate your chicken and waffles, top them with a perfectly fried egg. The runny yolk adds a luxurious element to the dish, creating a symphony of flavors when combined with the chicken and waffles.
Q: Can I use frozen chicken and waffles?
A: Yes, you can use frozen chicken and waffles for a quick and easy dinner. Follow the cooking instructions on the package to ensure they are cooked thoroughly and serve with your preferred accompaniments.
Q: Can I make my own chicken and waffles from scratch?
A: Absolutely! Making chicken and waffles from scratch allows you to tailor the flavors and textures to your liking. There are many recipes available online that provide step-by-step instructions to help you create the perfect homemade chicken and waffles.
Q: Can I make a healthier version of chicken and waffles?
A: Yes, you can make a healthier version of chicken and waffles by opting for baked or air-fried chicken instead of fried chicken. Use whole wheat or gluten-free waffle batter and incorporate more vegetables into your side dishes to create a nutritious meal.
Q: Can I make chicken and waffles with a twist?
A: Certainly! Chicken and waffles are versatile and lend themselves well to various twists. You can experiment with different seasonings for the chicken, such as adding spices like paprika or cayenne pepper. You can also try different types of waffles, such as cornbread waffles or sweet potato waffles, to add a unique twist to the dish.
In conclusion, chicken and waffles can be a delightful dinner option that satisfies both sweet and savory cravings. With the right accompaniments, you can create a well-balanced and delicious meal that will leave you wanting more. Whether you prefer classic pairings like maple syrup and hot sauce or want to get creative with unique twists, there are endless possibilities to explore with chicken and waffles for dinner.