I fully admit that I get through life by focusing on a single thing at a time and all other stuff falls to the wayside. Some days I am all about self employment, but other days (like the weekends), I may not even touch a computer other than to look up movie times. For the past week, I have become nearly
addicted to spending money on Halloween
Halloween Costs So Far
I know I already made a post about my projected Halloween costs this year, but I went a little more overboard. The weather got cooler, I finally convinced Mr. BFS to help me find our costumes online, and I got into the spirit! I’m not even sure I am done yet.
And yes, there are two costumes listed below…the first set (Robin Hood and Maid Marian) fell through after I ordered them the first time and my reorder may not make it here by Saturday for our party, so the second set of costumes (King and Queen Chess Pieces) is a backup set that I was able to get 2 day shipping from with my Amazon Prime membership. Worst case scenario, we will have costumes for next year.
Here’s what I’ve bought so far:
- Robin Hood costume for Mr. BFS – $65
- Maid Marian costume for me (for Halloween and Renaissance Festivals) – $40
- King Chess Piece costume for Mr. BFS – $40
- Queen Chess Piece costume for me – $40
- Spooky/Funny Bathroom Door Cover – $10
- Spooky/Funny Refrigerator Cover – $10
- Spooky Front Door Cover – $10
- Two Tombstones for front yard – $15
- Table Covers – $3
- Decorations from last year – $0
Things I Want for Next Year
So I have already spent nearly $250. Plus, I still am fending myself off from buying the following items until after Halloween so I can get them on sale for next year:
- Cemetery Fence to start a fake graveyard (the two tomstones above are just to start with, lol) – estimated $20
- Halloween tree decorations – estimated $10
- Halloween door mat – estimated $10
- Rat cutouts for the stairs – estimated $10
- Halloween toilet cover and floor mat – estimated $15
- Fake spiders and webbing for the light fixture – estimated $10
- More Halloween plastic cups – estimated $10
- Halloween napkins – estimated $5
In short, I want to grow our Halloween decorations 2-3 fold by the beginning of November. The funniest thing is that I don’t even decorate this much for Christmas. I just really seem to be Halloween-crazy this year. I’ll be sure to post pictures next week of our potluck and which costumes we ended up wearing.
Do you ever get single-minded even when it comes to spending? Does the hunt for certain items ever take over your mind? I’m even dreaming about our costumes and how we’ll look. I don’t feel nuts, but I also don’t know what to think when I am consciously having to keep myself off of Amazon.com so I don’t buy anything else.