Mr. BFS and I have taken a summer vacation of some sort every summer for the past 7 years. It’s a tradition we both love. Don’t get me wrong, we take other vacations too, but we splurge for the summer one. We also only seem to go one of three places – Las Vegas, Louisiana, or a Caribbean cruise.
Here’s where we’ve taken our summer vacation since 2004:
- 2004: New Orleans, Louisiana
- 2005: Las Vegas for our honeymoon
- 2006: Kinder, Louisiana
- 2007: Las Vegas
- 2008: Las Vegas
- 2009: 5 day Caribbean cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines
- 2010: 7 day Caribbean cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines
Truth be told, I prefer the cruises since I am addicted to snorkeling in water clearer than Galveston’s (which is all water…), but Mr. BFS leans towards Las Vegas, so we plan to rotate now. I am really excited and made sure this summer vacation in Las Vegas trip is going to be a heck of a lot of fun!
Here’s the current breakdown of our plans and costs:
- 2 roundtrip non-stop airfares and 4 nights at The Golden Nugget – $875 including travel insurance
- 2 Tickets to Marriage Can Be Murder (my pick), a comedy murder mystery dinner show – $110
- 2 Tickets to Cirque Du Soleil (his pick) – $130
- Hugo’s Cellar restaurant reservation (our favorite) – estimating $100
- We may go to the Tournament of Kings dinner show again (another joint pick) – $120
- Two taxi rides from and to the airport – $60
- Bus passes for the strip – $20
- Lazy river (his pick but I completely agreed) – $30
- Additional Food – estimating high $200
- Souvenirs – estimating high $50
- Gambling – Whatever’s left from $2000
So that comes to $1695 with $305 for gambling. Mr. BFS also usually brings his own fun money since he likes to gamble more than me. In short, our vacation account is taking a $2000 hit as usual, but I think it’s going to be the best Vegas trip since our honeymoon!!! I am really looking forward to the comedy dinner show and the lazy river. He is really looking forward to the acrobats and gambling. This is going to be awesome!
What’s your favorite summer vacation? Any traditions? We tried cruises based on recommendations, so please let me know about all the cool stuff you do!