Mr. BFS and I went to Las Vegas from 7/4/11 – 7/8/11. I budgeted for us to spend up to $3000, but was seriously hoping we could keep it all to $2000 or less.
Here was the final breakdown of our costs:
- 2 roundtrip non-stop airfares and 4 nights at The Golden Nugget – $875 including travel insurance
- 2 Tickets to Marriage Can Be Murder, a comedy murder mystery dinner show – $110
- 2 Tickets to Cirque Du Soleil Mystere – $130
- Hugo’s Cellar restaurant reservation (our favorite) – $95 with tip
- Two taxi rides from and to the airport – $55 with tips
- Bus passes for the strip – $14
- Additional Food – $150
- Additional Tips – $45
- Souvenirs – $15
- Gambling (Pai Gow for about 50 hours and Video Poker for about 10 hours) – $515
- TOTAL = $2004
The most interesting points of the trip were:
- Marriage Can Be Murder was funny and the cheesecake for dessert was DIVINE.
- Cirque Du Soleil Mystere was pretty dang funny AND amazing.
- I got a straight flush at the Pai Gow table.
- Mr. BFShit a few 4 of kinds at video poker.
- We both learned a new table game – Deuces Wild Stud Poker (lost $200 in one sitting and figured out that it wasn’t the game for us…)
- The Chilean Sea Bass at Hugo’s Cellar was sooooooo good!
- Mr. BFS and I decided I should quit my day job.
- Found Nathan’s Hotdogs inside of The Mermaid – 99 cent hotdogs and 99 cents for 3 deep fried Oreos
- I got to try deep fried Oreos for the first time ever – picture Oreos dipped in funnel cake batter, fried, and then sprinkled with powdered sugar. OMG! I am so glad there isn’t a deep fried Oreo booth around my house…
- Found out that when a flight is delayed two hours around dinner time, the cheapest meal you can get is $9 at Burger King, so we split it and ate out when we landed at 2am…
Overall, we both had a great time and stayed pretty much on my targeted budget. I’m very happy with how it went and Mr. BFS wants to go back asap! I think we’ll be staying at Fitzgerald’s next time since we gambled there the most.
Have you been to Las Vegas? What were your favorite parts?