As I’ve said at Crystal Clear and How I Make Money Blogging, I want to blog full time by 2012. To reach that goal, I need a bunch of traffic on all of my blogs. Specifically, I’m aiming for 25,000 unique visitors a month at BFS by August 2011 and need to be making $30,000 a year total by 2012. I figured the best way to keep my eye on the prize is to hit monthly targets.
Between that and the fact there seems to be major interest in the subject, I started an update around the 1st of every month of my blogging stats and income generated. I’ll also do a huge 1 year update at the beginning of every January.
Here were my goals for June 2011 followed by the results:
- Alexa Ranking: 32,500 / 36,197 (creeping up)
- Visits: 11,000 / 9090 (not quite there yet)
- Unique Visitors: 8000 / 6458 (nope)
- Pageviews: 18,000 / 16,607 (double nope)
- RSS subscribers: 550 / 518 (triple nope)
- Twitter followers: 600 / 590 (woot!)
- Traffic breakdown: 4000 (2732) from Referring Sites, 2000 (1709) from Direct Traffic, 4500 (3788) from Search Engines, 500 (861) from Other
- Blogging Income: $2000 / $5186.78 (HOLY BEJEEZUS BATMAN!!!)
Monthly Income Breakdown
- Advertising: $2195.03
- Writing (Staff Writing and Freelance Posts): $635
- Blogging Services (Running advertising on other sites and freelance tasks): $2356.75
I pumped up my commenting in June on other sites, but the “myth” about lower traffic in summer months is dang true. Oh well, I have you all, which makes me darn happy!!! I’ll continue commenting on at least 5 other blogs every week day from here on out.
As I said in My Blogging Target Number, I will blog full time as soon as I can CONSISTENTLY bring in $2500 a month or more. My husband and I agreed that “consistently” meant at least 4 months in a row at no less than $2000 a month and an average of $2500. I brought in about $3750 in March 2011, $2150 April 2011, $2050 (cut it close) in May 2011, and now $5185 in June 2011!!! That is an average of $3283 a month!
Seeing that I hit my goal about 6 months before I thought I would, we have reviewed the situation. My husband is fine with me quitting now, but I want at least $10,000 in my blogging income account to ensure that I could cover slow months. I am at $6500 right now. I also want to see if my freelance income is as sustainable as I think it is while I focus on the best ways to make money from home.
So, as long as I make $3000 or more in July and again in August…I WILL BE QUITTING MY DAY JOB IN SEPTEMBER 2011!!! If I can hit my $3000 targets, I will be self-employed by the time I go to the Financial Blogger Conference in Chicago!!! WHOO-FREAKING-HOO!!! You really should see the little dance I am doing right now – this here is fist pumping, butt-shaking, unadulterated happiness people!!! I look like a crazy lady and I don’t care!!!
My goals for June:
- Alexa Ranking: 35,000
- Visits: 11,000
- Unique Visitors: 8000
- Pageviews: 18,000
- RSS subscribers: 550
- Twitter followers: 650
- Traffic breakdown: 4000 from Referring Sites, 2000 from Direct Traffic, 4500 from Search Engines, 500 from Other
- Blogging Income: $3000
Any questions, comments, or advice? I will be going into more detail on a regular basis at https://howimakemoneyblogging.com/, but feel free to ask anything you’d like at either site!!!