Quick review since I know some of you only tune in for this monthly peek, lol. I started Budgeting in the Fun Stuff in February 2010, started Crystal-For-Hire Blog Advertising Services in April 2011, started working from home in July 2011, and Mr. BFS joined me at home in January 2012. WOOT!!! I have never worked harder in my life, but WOOT!!!
Yep, it’s been crazy busy here. Hubby and I need at least $8000 a month to cover expenses, basic savings, and taxes. But we are aiming for $15,000 a month so we can pay off our mortgage by June 2012, build up our emergency fund even more, and invest lots and lots for our future since I have no idea how long this can really last. The only thing that may change this is if we decide to take out a home equity line to pay off some debts and do renovations. I’ll keep you updated on that.
I figured the best way to keep my eye on the prize is to hit monthly targets, so I started posting here. Between that and the fact there seems to be major interest in the subject, I started an update around the 1st of every month of my blogging stats and income generated.
Here the goals for January 2012 followed by the results:
- Alexa Ranking: 35,000 / 37,095
- Visits: 19,000 / 20,235
- Unique Visitors: 15,000 / 15,218
- Pageviews: 30,000 / 36,379
- RSS subscribers: 800 / 1004
- Twitter followers: 1250 / 1159
- Traffic breakdown: 7000 from Referring Sites (5785), 3000 from Direct Traffic (3314), 8000 from Search Engines (9962), 1000 from Other (1174)
- Blogging Income: $10,000 / $20,280.12
Monthly Income Breakdown
- Advertising on BFS: $3101.91
- Advertising on My Other Blogs: $1060.00
- Writing (Staff Writing and Freelancing): $175.00
- Blogging Services (Running advertising on other sites and freelance tasks): $15,943.21
I had $2301.08 in expenses as well which included $807.91 in Paypal fees, my basic expenses, and blog empire expansion. That came to 11.35% in expenses. If you’d like to see my exact blogging expenses breakdown for this month, check out How I Make Money Blogging. I have been attempting to keep them at 15% or less of my overall income. That said, my net profit this month before a third goes to taxes was $17,979.04. WHOO-HOO!!!
Goals for February:
- Alexa Ranking: 36,000
- Visits: 22,000
- Unique Visitors: 16,000
- Pageviews: 38,000
- RSS subscribers: 1050
- Twitter followers: 1250
- Traffic breakdown: 7000 from Referring Sites, 4000 from Direct Traffic, 10,000 from Search Engines, 1000 from Other
- Blogging Income: $15,000
Any questions, comments, or advice? As I mentioned, I go into more detail with my income and expenses on the 1st of the month at https://howimakemoneyblogging.com/, but feel free to ask anything you’d like at either site!!!