UPDATE 12/1/14: THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. CONGRATS TO OUR WINNER, KATITA,
AND THE CHARITY SHE CHOSE, BIG BROTHERS BIG SISTERS!!!
KATITA ($125) AND BBBS ($200) HAVE BEEN PAID, THANKS!!!
It’s time to WIN a little and GIVE a little at the same time!!!
Welcome to The Great Thanksgiving Charity Giveaway!!!
Kevin, formerly of Invest It Wisely and now a great application developer for apps like the Easy Voice Recorder at Digipom, came to me with an idea for a November charity drive and giveaway. I jumped on and was honored to co-host it here!
Here’s how it’s working:
- The 10 bloggers below started things off with $25 per blog being added into a big pot. That is what led to the $125 prize for one big winner, plus the charity pot of $200 that can still grow!
- If you’d like to sponsor this giveaway too, email me at budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail.com and you can also participate for $25 until November 20, 2014!
- Each participating sponsor gets to choose 3 ways that readers can enter to win (Twitter, Facebook, Email, Google Plus, etc.).
- This whole giveaway will run from November 5th, 2014 at 7am EST to November 27th, 2014 at 11:59pm EST.
- A single grand-prize winner will be chosen randomly and will take home the first $125!
- That grand-prize winner will also get to choose one of the following charities to receive the rest of the pot of $125+ – Big Brothers Big Sisters, the SPCA, Tabitha, Red Cross, or World Wild Life!!!
Summary and Giveaway
As stated, we’re starting at $125 gift card for the winner and $125 for charity, which is now at $200. But we’d LOVE for more bloggers or simply kind people to sign on as we go! Sponsors’ entry methods will be live from the evening they sign up through the end of the giveaway. The cut-off to sponsor will be November 20th, 2014. You can actually turn around and sell gift cards online too if you prefer cash.
FOR YOU, THE ONE WHO WANTS TO WIN, this means that you should enter now to win in as many ways that you can! COME BACK DAILY to Tweet and Enter Again!!! AND make sure to come back after November 20th to see if there are even more ways to enter to win $125 and choose your favorite charity on the list!!!
Thank you to the other 8 bloggers that got this started along with Kevin (Digipom) and myself:
- Monica on Money
- Sustainable Personal Finance
- The Debt Myth
- The Frugal Toad
- Step Away from the Mall
- The Mom of the Year
- Cupcake Makeover
- Money Beagle