Yes, I know, I am a personal finance blogger. I know I am supposed to be frugal and non-materialistic. But I also LOVE giving presents. 🙂 I’m starting a gift idea series since I do put a lot of time into my choices and these ideas may work for people you know too! Here’s what I wrapped up this year:
1. Mr. BFS (Gamer Geek) – The Container Game, Vasco de Gama, and Dominion: Prosperity (3 board games) and a super soft blanket. He loved them all, lol. 🙂
2. Mom (Treky) – The Best of Star Trek: The Original Series dvd and The Best of Star Trek: The Next Generation dvd. Of course I made sure that the Original Series included “Trouble with Tribbles” which is the absolute best.
3. Dad (Football Fan) – NFL Texans Wheel Cover, Texans Propane Tank Cover, and Texans Grill Cover. I think he liked these but my dad is hard to read. We’ll see if his grill is all decked out next time I go over.
4. College-Age Sister – Monty Python and the Search for the Holy Grail, Blazing Saddles, and Young Frankenstein dvd’s. I didn’t know she had never seen Search for the Holy Grail! Classic!
5. Mid-teens Sister – The Host: A Novel by Stephenie Meyer, Switched by Amanda Hocking, and Artemis Fowl (Book 1) by Eoin Colfer. Mom and sis were reading these just a few minutes after unwrapping them, so I think they were a hit. 🙂
6. Hubby’s Grandpa (Secret Santa 1) – Canon Compact Photo Printer that doesn’t need a computer. I really hope he likes this since he is such a fan of his digital camera yet avoids computers like the plague.
7. Hubby’s Aunt (Secret Santa 2) – He Devil She Devil Martini Art Print by Michael Godard. It wasn’t delivered in time for Christmas Day, but I’ll frame it as soon as it comes in and drive it over. Hubby printed out a picture of it for her and she seems excited.
It was an awesome Christmas of seeing friends, family, and food! Finding just the right gifts for everyone was just a bonus. Finding most of them at Amazon was an even bigger bonus since I didn’t have to deal with crowds, lol. 😉
How did your Christmas or holiday go?