Quick review since I know some of you only tune in for this monthly peek, lol. I started Budgeting in the Fun Stuff in February 2010, started Crystal-For-Hire Blog Advertising Services in April 2011, started working from home in July 2011, and Mr. BFS joined me at home in January 2012. WOOT!!! I have never worked harder in my life, but WOOT!!!
Yep, it’s been crazy busy here. Hubby and I need at least $10,000 a month to cover expenses, basic savings, and taxes. But we are aiming for $15,000 a month so we can pay off our mortgage by June 2012, build up our emergency fund even more, and invest lots and lots for our future since I have no idea how long this can really last.
I figured the best way to keep my eye on the prize is to hit monthly targets, so I started posting here towards the end of 2010. Between that and the fact there seems to be major interest in the subject, I started an update of my blogging stats and income around the 1st of every month.
Here the goals for February 2012 followed by the results:
- Alexa Ranking: 36,000 / 36,825 (close but no cigar)
- Visits: 22,000 / 17,687 (I forgot to take into account the shorter month)
- Unique Visitors: 16,000 / 12,672
- Pageviews: 38,000 / 30,038
- RSS subscribers: 1050 /1060 (woot!)
- Twitter followers: 1250 /1237 (so close)
- Newsletter subscribers: new category / 197 (thanks!)
- Traffic breakdown: 7000 from Referring Sites (4474), 4000 from Direct Traffic (2596), 10,000 from Search Engines (9412), 1000 from Other (1205)
Online Income: $15,000 / $17,425.33
Monthly Income Breakdown
- Advertising on BFS: $1949.12
- Advertising on My Other Blogs: $1845.00
- Writing (Freelancing): $50.00
- Blogging Services (Running advertising on other sites and freelance tasks): $13,581.21
We had $1824.61 in expenses as well (which included $1244.61 in Paypal fees), our basic expenses, and blog empire expansion. That came to 10.47% in expenses. If you’d like to see our exact blogging expenses breakdown for this month, check out how to set up a blog and track expenses. We have been attempting to keep them at 15% or less of our overall income.
That said, our net profit this month before a third goes to taxes was $15,600.72 and you better believe we’re going to use the cheapest way to file taxes this time
Not as great as the past few months, but not bad at all for a shorter month that also started out as slow as a sloth. And we hit our goal!!! This is the first full month that Mr. BFS has been working from home with me, so we were really, really, really hoping to hit our $15,000 goal. Yay!!! 🙂
Goals for March:
- Alexa Ranking: 36,000
- Visits: 22,000
- Unique Visitors: 16,000
- Pageviews: 38,000
- RSS subscribers: 1150
- Twitter followers: 1300
- Newsletter subscribers: 225
- Traffic breakdown: 7000 from Referring Sites, 4000 from Direct Traffic, 10,000 from Search Engines, 1000 from Other
Online Income: $15,000
Any questions, comments, or advice? As I mentioned, I go into more detail with my income and expenses on the 1st of the month at https://howimakemoneyblogging.com/, but feel free to ask anything you’d like at either site!!!