I really love the holidays. I get into the spooky childishness of Halloween, the food of Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite of the entire year, and the happiness and general great vibes of Christmas just make me smile! But I also understand the deeper undertones of these holidays too.
So for this Christmas, here is a list of my favorite charities:
1. Houston SPCA – I volunteered with the big dogs there for more than a year before we moved. The way they run their facility and their transparency impressed me.
2. Meals on Wheels – I volunteered with Meals on Wheels for 4-5 months in 2011. It is well organized and very much needed.
3. Pughearts – My husband and I fostered for Pughearts for about a year. That is how we ended up adopting Mr. Pug in 2009.
4. Alzheimer’s Association – This disease scares the bejeezus out of my husband and isn’t on the top of my want list either.
And I Like You
– My life has changed so much this year because of this blog and my blog advertising business. That would not have happened without you – my readers and supporters. Thank you.
In the holiday spirit of giving,
I am giving away a $100 Amazon gift card or cash to a random commenter below and another $100 to the charity above that receives the most of your votes. You can also choose to sell gift cards online if you prefer cash. I personally like to use these cards through the Amazon Smile Foundation when I shop because its the same price and I feel like Im contributing to something worthwhile.
Instructions to Enter the Cash and Charity Giveaway:
1. Leave a comment below with something off of your holiday wish list by December 19th, 2011 and you will be entered to win!
2. In that same comment, vote for #1 (Houston SPCA), #2 (Meals on Wheels) , #3 (Pughearts), or #4 (Alzheimer’s Association). Whichever charity has the most votes by December 19th, 2011 will receive a donation in honor of the readers of Budgeting in the Fun Stuff. 🙂
Please consider this my thank you for your support!!!
The official stuff:
1) Contest ends December 19th, 2011 at 11:59pm Central Standard time.
2) ONLY ONE COMMENT/ENTRY PER PERSON.
3) The winner will be selected randomly and notified by email. If you select Paypal as the prize, you will need to have a Paypal account.
4) The prize will be held for 2 calendar days. If it isn’t claimed, a new winner will be randomly picked and contacted.
5) I reserve the right to reject comments that I consider spam or invalid entries.
6) An invalid or incorrect email address automatically disqualifies you from the drawing…it’s hard to contact a fake email…
7) Local laws, rules, and regulations apply.