I’m doing these roundups and updates to push myself to read other blogs and to connect with everyone again. Hope you can find some new-to-you awesome people too!
Weekly Personal Note from Crystal
I was officially dumped by my “Little” from Big Brothers Big Sisters about two weeks ago, and I was supposed to be called to do an interview to get matched again this past week. Absolutely nothing ever happens on time with this group though, so I’ll call early next week and see if I can push this along.
On a more positive note, I baked some homemade beer bread and took some to a neighbor who I’ve been on bad terms with. My roommates hit their car when we first moved in (insurance covered their damage but it’s stressful none-the-less) and things just went down hill from there. I didn’t want any further drama and was hoping we could just be happy neighbors. I think my peace offering was well received, it seemed to go well, so I am taking this as a great sign. If nothing else, I think more people in this neighborhood realize that I might not be their cup of tea, but I’m not evil either. That’s what I’m aiming for if I can’t get someone to like me…
Oh, and my husband surprised me this week with the coolest romantic gesture (and for no reason, our anniversary is in May and my birthday is in December…I love no reason surprises!). I came home from pet sitting Wednesday night, and he had set up an entire massage area – candles, relaxing music, the perfect temperature, pre-warmed massage oil…it was pretty dang awesome. And the hour long body massage made me feel 100% for the rest of the night. I’ll write up a post about the cost next week so you can easily surprise your significant other too. I was really, really blown away. I highly suggest this to any couple any day of any week.
My fourth vlog is up, Replacing A Car Air Filter is Freaking Easy! I’m aiming to publish one a week and I am hoping they are all entertaining and informative!
My Weekly Favorite Posts
- Extrapolate This with 529 Plans – How They Work I really appreciated this descriptive yet simple break down.
- Enemy of Debt with Sex Sells, But I’m Not Buying HAHAHAHA. Nice sales technique!
- 20’s Finances with Is It Worth it to Study Abroad? If you can keep the expenses affordable, woot!
- Duke of Marketing with always-Always-ALWAYS Follow Up! Yep! I set out Summer Vacation post cards to my pet sitting clients just as a hello – ended up reminding several of them to call me to book me for their pets…
- And Then We Saved with Dealing With More Than Financial Burdens That sucks. I’m with Anna on this one, pay back what you agreed to and then move on.
- A Terrible Husband with 4 Tools for Keeping Discussions from Becoming Arguments Touching, like hand holding, works well for me.
Blogger Spotlight of the Week
- Beating Broke with Why We Don’t Plan to Renew Our Homeowners Warranty I was actually thinking about looking into this a few days ago for our rent house, but the several hundred a year really could be used to fund an account to just buy new things…which we already do…
- Sign up for my newsletter and enter the monthly giveaways for $25 and a free copy of of my eBooks. 🙂 Plus, I share things in the newsletter that I no longer share here (hint…what do you think happened to my monthly income reports?)
- If you ever experience any problems using BFS (reading or commenting), please email me at budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail.com to let me know.
- You may have noticed that I have been fully self-employed since July 2011. My income comes from blogging, rental income, and pet sitting. If you’d like to start your own site, I highly suggest checking out Bluehost (cheap and 24/7 support). Or if blogging isn’t your schtick, check out any of my other money making posts!
Top 5 Referring Sites to BFS This Past Week:
Thank you! Feel free to email me anytime at budgetingfunstuff *at* gmail.com if you have any suggestions. I’d love to add a few more blogs to my regular reading list or at least give a shout-out for great posts or contests.
As always, thank you. I appreciate each and every one of you!!!
Have a great week!!!